Monday, August 16, 2010

Achari Paneer Wrap

This is a simple flavorful quick recipe.
I took a pack of paneer and cubed it. I took some oil in a pan and added loads of asafetida. To this I added mustard seeds, cumin seeds, nigella seeds, fennel seeds, and fenugreek seeds. In retrospect, I could have used panch phoron. I added a teaspoon of garlic. Once then seeds sizzled, I add turmeric and cayenne pepper. When the spices are done, add around 1 cup of thick yoghurt to the pan and whisk slowly. At this stage I added two teaspoonfuls of hot mango pickle. Add the paneer and cook till dry.

Now add some ghee to a pan. Spread out a roti or parantha. Add some of the paneer mixture. Add cilantro chutney, chopped tomatoes, onions (pickled in vinegar), and cream cheese (Optional).

Serve with cucumber raita.

No comments:

Post a Comment